Not that I actually signed this blog up for the theme reveal linky, mind you. I just felt like posting one anyway. I thought there was no point in signing up ’cause there’s not much of a theme here; it’s just going to be photos of my collection, same as last year, and given that my blog’s name is “Crazy Doll Lady,” I think people looking at the main A-to-Z linky can probably figure out the basic theme without my telling them. 😛
But! I’ve put a few rules on myself for picking what kind of photos to post.
- No photos of any toy that was featured in last year’s A-to-Z.
- No using the name of the doll line rather than the individual doll. (For example, last year I did “Moxie Girlz Teenz” for M. That would not be acceptable, but “Melrose” would be…if I hadn’t used that doll last year.) However, it’s okay to use the name of a game/anime/movie/whatever for the letter, and then show the (official) tie-in(s) for it.
- No toys I’ve shown before. Not as the primary, anyway. (So, for example, if I obtained a Maudlynne Macabre by mid-April (highly unlikely, given the price she’s going for online) and wanted to use her for M, I could post a comparison photo of my Little Mismatched with her, even though she’s shown up before. But I couldn’t center the “U” post on my Little Mismatched doll, “Uptown Girl.”)
- No Monster High. There are so many characters with so many wildly different names (and species) that it just makes this too easy. I used a number of them last year, and I felt like I was copping out every time I did, so this year I’ve just set a rule not to use any. (I can still use them for comparisons and such, though.)
- No using multiple tie-in products for the same thing, especially not twice in a row. Last year I went from the Nendoroid of Etna to the Nendoroid of Flonne, and that just felt really lame, using two Disgaea Nendos in a row like that. Multiple dolls or figures from the same line that aren’t tied in to something are fine, though. So I could use, say, two Figmas, as long as they’re not tie-ins to the same anime/game, or two Pullips, or two Barbies, or whatever.
- Fewer Nendoroids, if any. I used too many Nendos last year. (In fact, I think I used more Nendos than Monster High dolls, but somehow the dolls stuck in my craw more.)
Yup, that’s about it, I think. Shouldn’t be too hard to keep up with it, since this one doesn’t need me to write walls of text like my other blog will.
So, anyone else doing the A-to-Z challenge?